Seeing opportunity in a global economy
International tax planning and compliance can require global solutions. ParenteBeard has the depth and experience to address your needs. Let our international tax professionals help you navigate a changing world and keep a competitive advantage – assessing risks and unveiling opportunities.
Additionally, ParenteBeard’s international tax support reach extends around the globe with our membership in Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting firms with offices in more than 100 countries.
Here’s how we can help you:
International Tax Planning
- Formulate tax-efficient capital structures for foreign companies invested or investing in the U.S. and U.S. companies invested or investing outside the U.S.
- Maximize U.S. and foreign incentives available to companies engaged in international business transactions
- Balance U.S. and foreign tax considerations in the context of a company’s broader business and financial objectives
- Help U.S. companies navigate through the U.S. tax anti-deferral provisions for controlled foreign corporations (CFCs) and passive foreign investment companies (PFICs)
- Optimize the interest deduction for U.S. subsidiaries owned by non-U.S. companies
- Complete proactive transfer price analyses
- Determine whether cross-border activities create a permanent establishment or taxable presence
- Develop repatriation strategies that benefit from foreign tax credit planning and the minimization of allocated and apportioned expenses and/or minimize withholding taxes
International Tax Compliance
- Dual consolidated loss planning and reporting
- Overall foreign loss analysis and planning
- Preparing U.S. tax forms including W-8BEN, 926, 1042, 1042-S, 1040-NR, 1116, 1118, 1120-F, 5471, 5472, 8802, 8832, 8833, 8840, 8858 and 8865
Expatriate Tax Planning and Compliance
- Prepare expatriate tax returns
Read the latest news, events, research and insights for Tax Services.